Wednesday, October 22, 2008

thoughts from a parent

Kyle my first born...i love the little man so much.His favorite things to do are line things up,play with his foam letters and play with his cars and trucks.Kyle can say the following words;Please,giddy giddy(kitty kitty),no,mom,mommy,daddy,bowl(pronounced oll)ball,bye bye and buh bye,snowball.Words that he has said but only says occasionally;choochoo,oh toodles.Kyle is so smart in other areas but he doesnt talk much.Im hoping i one day have a child who talks me ear off.I get jealous..i know this is horrible..but i get jealous when i hear someone say their 2 year old say i love you...or they say what they want.Or are just talking up a storm.I worry that i may have not talked to him enough or i could have talked to him more.I talk to him alot more he is super smart and listens but he is a busy little man.I guess as a parent i just feel bad that kyle isnt where the other 2 year olds are.But then i wonder maybe in a few months i will have a chatter box.I hope and pray i do...I cannot wait until kyle is a chatterbox and i pray it happens soon.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Don't feel bad. I think all parents of kids with speech delays feel that way to a point. I am constantly wondering what more I should be doing. Just know that you are doing a good job. He'll catch up. Have you found a new ST in Alaska yet?

Leah said...

Well coming from another parent of a speech delayed child I understand exactly what you are saying. In just the last few months Zack has picked up a lot of words. I really truely believe it is because he has the most awesome speech therapist!
Don't worry to much it will come.
BTW Don't blame yourself it isn't anything you did wrong or could have done.

Sadie said...

Don't feel bad Peggy. He'll be talking up a storm before you know it! I can understand why you are frustrated though. (((BIG HUGS)))

kirimarie said...

Aw, Peggy, my oldest son didn't speak a word until he was two, and even then, he was never a chatterbox. But he tested into (and graduated from) the top high school in our state. He's 20 now, and a wonderful young man. The strong, silent type :) Don't worry about Kyle...all of our kids have their own strengths & weaknesses. Just be patient & keep working with him & he'll be fine!